Saturday, September 21, 2013

AJMF Progress

After much more research and sketching I have finalized my two concepts... which are actually the two I started with.

1. Cubism
Picasso inspired, very beautiful and there are some fantastic cubism-compositions containing music. It seemed only fitting.. plus Picasso was Jewish, that always helps a little as well :) I recently heard someone say, "I like the idea of discovering something that is already there". I loved this. It is such a joy to look at something over and over again and still finding something new every time. I think cubism the perfect example for this,







2. Fallen Stones
For this I wanted to take a different approach. More hand drawn, more personal. When I think of it, I think of the Jerusalem wall. I actually have a piece of it in my room, I had the honor of receiving it as a gift a few years back. From this little piece, I thought of all the little pieces that have fallen, but are still very valuable to the 'bigger picture'. That is where this concept was born and hopefully will grow. I am hoping that once I put it in the computer, it will look just as cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment