Friday, February 24, 2012

The Simpler the Assignment, the More Difficult the Solution

One thing I really love about Acoustix Jazz lounge, is all the color. The interior has such flavor... If you place all the color on a logo then it would look cheesy and overdone.


I think the trick here is to do what I thought about in the beginning. Keep the logo black and white. I almost felt obligated to add color, but sometimes it is okay to just have a black and white logo... as long as you can give it the flavor it deserves later on.


My original plan was to give each job position a different color on their business card. The main color would be that beautiful magenta colored bar. So that color would go into the stationary (cover letter and maybe envelope). 


The final logo I chose ended being Black and Silver. Metallic silver is hard to print and find, but it would end up being perfect for what I am trying to achieve. I will upload my final logo once I get all my stationary prototypes finished. (Which is soon...I hope).


"The Simpler the Assignment, the More Difficult the Solution" - Wolfgang Weingart.

No comments:

Post a Comment