Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Recipe: Peppermint Crisp Cake



For our final project in Advanced Typography, we were asked to make a recipe design of a recipe close to our hearts. For my design I wanted to do Peppermint Crisp Pie

I love this cake, not only because it is extremely delicious, but because it is a little bit of South Africa here in America. This cake does not show itself very often, so when it's made it's a real treat. Some of the ingredients are really hard to find in America and needs to be brought back from South Africa when someone in the family goes to visit.

The way this is made is is you just lay out a layer of coconut cookies, mix together the caramel and cool whip, place a layer of he mix on the cookies and then zest the chocolate and sprinkle a thin layer on top. Make a couple of layers, and you got a Peppermint Crisp Pie!


Here is the process images. 





 (someone was a little curious! :P)























As for my final design, I plan on making a few changes. I want to add an illustration of how the final product would look (the cake) and arrange the materials to match with the directions. I should also add one more step to place it in the fridge for 20 minutes after you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment