Saturday, August 25, 2012

5 Works That Paved My Way

Well, I made it into the Graphic Design Program! I still have all my hair and my sanity, but I'm not sure how long that will last! I'm already turning a little grey ;)


I have fantastic new classes and professors and A LOT of new assignments. I will probably need to blog a little more than I used to so everyone can see what I'm doing! I will try to use this blog for all my classes! 

So, here we go! 
My first blog assignment is to post 5 pieces of design that I think was responsible for getting me into the program. I am going to take a guess, but we never really know. Frankly, I am just SO excited to see what I will come up with in these new classes. There are so many new things that we get to learn and explore, I can't wait!

Firstly: Acoustix Jazz Lounge Advertisement (Magazine). This is a very colorful piece. The combination of photograph and text creates a certain type of environment and feel for the advertisement and the viewer. This restaurant and lounge is very beautiful. The combination of the tasteful music and delicious food creates the perfect evening.













 Secondly: Acoustix Jazz Lounge Earth Day Promotional Poster.
This was a fun assignment where we had a chance to play around with any form of design we wanted. I kept the design in the name, so the focus was on the client and the message. Keeping it simple with a little texture was the perfect finish.














Thirdly: Acoustix Jazz Lounge Mailer.
When we receive something in the mail, there is a joy of opening the card, but that joy seems to disappear once it's been opened. I wanted to keep that joy going, maybe even get the recipient to keep the card with him for a while. This is a pop-up piano invitation for one of Acoustix Jazz Lounge's many events. Once you open the card, a piano pops up; what is special about this card is this, the tab that you us to open the letter, is also a pull out invitation that you take and show at the door for free parking and entrance fee. It is just a little fun surprise to keep you excited once you open you mail.






Fourthly: WRAS Atlanta Promotional Poster.
This was one of the first projects we had in one of our classes. The objective was to choose a station and design a promotional poster that would potentially be seen around the school. My choice was 'Rhythm & Vibes: Album 80's Longest Running Hip Hop Show.'













 Fifthly: Typography Journal. 
The objective was to create an educational journal about Typography. This was a heck of a project. I played around with numerous grids and colors. The story: Typography is a character and you go through the stages of it's life to see where he was born and what his family is like. Each chapter is a different stage of its life, and each color is reflective to that age. Then on each chapter (stage of its life) is a quote pertaining to that stage of growth. It ended up being 420 pages long, consuming two full books.









No comments:

Post a Comment